I’m sure you know by now how much I love Ross Mathews – I mean, we’re basically friends at this point! We email, I’m involved in the podcast somewhat, and we’re always interacting on social media. So of course, the second that Ross announced that his new book, Name Drop, was available for pre-order, I immediately reserved my copy.
Name Drop is a collection of the “really good celebrities stories” that he “usually only tells at happy hour.” I had to wait about 6 months for the release, but luckily for me, Ross did an exclusive reading at a DragCon panel. He read the first chapter of the book, which was about his incredible interaction with Lady Gaga. It was so awesome to see him do the reading, and it made me super excited to read the whole thing.
The stories in the book include interactions with big names, such as Rosie O’Donnell, Christina Aguilera, The Spice Girls and sooo much more! He truly did not disappoint – these stories were amazing. They were short, sweet, but packed full of the gossip you’re looking for. Plus, Ross makes everything fun! So not only is there the collection of stories, but he also includes original cocktails and “ROSSipes” with each chapter.
Here are some of the thoughts I had while reading the book (you may have to read it all for yourself to understand fully what I am talking about):
- Barbara Walters … what a bitch! Not just off camera – ON CAMERA! This had me HEATED!!!
- Sherry Shepherd and her wigs!! What a woman – this warmed my heart.
- Cannot wait to make Twice Baked Cutie Potatoes. YUM.
- Sarah Colonna!!! I miss the days of her and Josh Wolf’s podcast. Did you know she’s on Shameless??
- Gotta love the Spice Girls!!
- A PIZZA OVEN?! A PIZZA OVEN!!!!! HOW DID YOU EVEN TRANSPORT THAT?! WHERE IS THIS PIZZA OVEN TODAY?? I have so many more questions. I can’t let this go.
- “Hi folks!” – my favorite Celine Dion quote.
- So how can I use my small friendship with Ross to get on Big Brother…
- Woah. I’ll never look at Mathew Perry and Matt LeBlanc the same. Friends is one of my absolute favorite shows, but damn. What assholes. I even watched the interview and cringed the whole time. I really lost respect there.
- Long live the Divas. Especially Xtina.
- Ross, you are absolutely invited to my fantasy celebrity dinner party.
Seriously, take a minute to google Ross Mathews right now and see how much press coverage this book got – there are tons of articles written about his stories! You are not going to want to miss this!
Ross is also going on tour to 30 cities across the US and Canada! He’s got great shows planned with some stand up, games, and insight into some gossip. I’ll be attending The Phoenix show in March – as a VIP, of course! You can visit HelloRoss.com for tour dates or to grab your copy of his book! You can buy Name Drop really anywhere that books are sold – but the Target versions include an extra bonus chapter (which I have not read yet since I pre-ordered my copy on Amazon).
I truly smiled from ear to ear while reading this book. It was seriously next level good. I mean, I read a ton of books by celebrities – but this was in a class of its own. If you only read one book this year, make it Name Drop by Ross Mathews.
Thanks for reading!
[…] love having more of STWR -in my life. Also, don’t forget to check out Ross’ new book, Name Drop! REALLY PHENOMENAL […]
[…] 2. Name Drop by Ross Mathews […]
[…] reading memoirs written by celebs as a way to get to know them better. I’ve read both of Ross Mathews’ books, Lamar Odom’s memoir, all of the books written by the Fab 5 from Queer Eye, and many many […]